Thursday, March 19, 2009

Exploration 1

 

            While doing all the research for my community analysis essay I realized that surgeons really interest me. I had a lot of questions that arose and many things made me want to learn more! One of the main things that really interested me was the definition and study of malpractice. When ever I talked to anyone else about malpractice they thought it just meant being sued. Through research I actually found out that its much more then that. The research that would be most helpful would be research books and academic articles. By using these I can look up the definition and then read different examples of real surgeons who have had this happen to them.

            Another question that I have involves cancer patients. The whole cancer epidemic really does interest me since there are so many people that are affected by this disease. I am very interested in the research part of surgery. I want to learn more about controversial research options for the treatment of certain cancers. Some ways I would do research is again academic articles and some books. I’m not sure that there will be a lot of books on the new techniques but there may be some on what was used in the past and if they are still practiced now.

            The last question that arose when studying was about the surgical nurses. After observing them for two days I was blown away by the way that they were treated. I think that they should been shown a lot more respect. A lot of my research could come from interview nurses and observing them. Also I could research if there was any type of code that gave nurses certain rights and ways that they needed to be treated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment