Thursday, March 19, 2009

Readings

3) When reading this essay I came across a lot of different sources. They ranged from websites to books to personal interviews. One that really hit home for my was towards the beginning of the essay. It was from Double Talk and it gave a statistic that 2.8 million students didn't speak fluent english. That made it so the reader could realize that this really is a problem. I then went on to read and was looking at the personal interview. Since this was coming from an actual person it persuades me to the argument a lot more then research. 

4) The headings make the paper a lot stronger. One way is that you can go through the essay and find exactly what topic you want to focus on reading about. It also shows all the main points that the writer demonstrates throughout the paper. I think this is a very effective and purposeful way of organizing an essay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment