Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Lateral Research

I was able to find a wealth of results when researching laterally. I started with my Facebook account, and searched for breast cancer support groups. In this group, there was a forum. In the forum, another member of the group had posted about a book about breast cancer and nutrition that they were preparing to write. I looked into this particular post and found a breast cancer survivor had posted a response. In her response, she left a link to her own blog that she had kept during her journey through breast cancer. I was thrilled to find such an extraordinary well of information.

One of the reasons I felt this was such a great resource, was because it was someone's personal journey. Not someone's version of what they had "heard" surviving breast cancer would be like. I have found that information and resources are out there, it just takes thinking outside the box to find them.

(Here is the link to the woman's blog: http://www.susanweberdesigns.com/blog/)

1 comment: