Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lateral Research

I was fortunate to stumble upon the book PARENTING THE HURT CHILD: HELPING ADOPTIVE FAMILIES HEAL AND GROW. This book explains how parents can help adopted or foster children who have suffered neglect or abuse. The book states that foster or adoptive parents need to claim the role of parent in the child's life. Among the resources listed by the authors I discovered ATTACHING IN ADOPTION: PRACTICAL TOOLS FOR TODAY'S PARENTS. This book provides technical explanations of challenges such as self-esteem, child-hood grief and limit-testing. As well as defines proper attachment, the most fundamental issue in a successful adoption. The use of lateral research helped me discover another resource that may assist me in writing my paper.

1 comment:

  1. This is another one of my favorite lateral moves--stealing sources from someone else who already did the work! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete